Press release : Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders
The Minister of State, Minister of Higher Education announces to the general public and prospective applicants that the 2020 Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders is open between 12 September and 09 October 2019.
This programme that is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State is aimed at bringing young leaders to the United States in 2020 for academic and leadership training and to create unique opportunities in Africa to put those new skills to practical use in propelling economic growth and prosperity.
– Be a citizen of and resident ln a sub-saharan country;
– Be between 25 and 35 years old at the time of application submission;
– Must not be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States;
– Be eligible to receive a United States J-1 visa;
– Should not be an employee or immediate family members of employees of the U.S.
– Be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English;
– Not be an Alumni of the Mandela Washington Fellowship.
All applications must be submitted online by October 09, 2019. For the application and more information, candidates should visit: mwfelows.info/apply or contact the U.S Embassy in Yaounde at 222-201-500. Download the press release